Decorating is easy

6/30/2012



The idea of decorating our home by myself intrigued me ever since I moved.
Staring at white walls is a little bit depressive, so I decided to create something!
I'm not that good at drawing, so it had to be something simple and quick. 
It had to be cheap too, I'm a student after all! :) 





But for this painting I only needed acrylic colors, glue, a paint-brush, a canvas and pieces of fabric.

The painting should go in our bedroom, and since I curtailed my curtains and had some left-over fabric, I decided it would match perfectly.

So here it's what I did, step by step!  






The painting would also look great with magazine-paper instead of fabric.

But this is not the only way to create a nice and simple painting for your home.

For our living room I made a painting on canvas with newsprint. 
With a mix of glue and water I fixed the newsprint on the canvas. As it was dry I draw the tree and the birds with acrylic color!

What are you thinking about?




In the last pic you see my cupcake display too, click here to see how I made it!

Enjoy decorating and experimenting with colors!
Creating is easy!

ME
Eve






6 comments:

  1. That is really gorgeous!!!

    http://www.onestilettoatatime.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you are really talented!
    Yes, I would love to follow, following now. your turn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful ideas! I am so inspired!

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your blog setup! I'm a new follower now!

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute !!! I'm a new follower. Hope you return the favour :) xo

    http://tiffany-cruz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Tiffany i would love to! Thanks for stopping by!!! <3

      Delete