The Thing with the Tulle

11/07/2013

Tulle skirts are awesome. Probably because they make you feel like a princess. For my birthday party I made my very own black tulle skirt.
Ich liebe seit jeher Tüllröcke. Zugegeben vielleicht deshalb weil man sich da einfach wie eine Prinzessin fühlt. Für meine Geburtstagsparty habe ich mir deshalb selbst einen genäht.


Basically it's very easy. I needed nine meters of Tulle and one of Jersey. The Jersey was the petticoat and I sewed the Tull on it.
Im Grunde genommen ist das super simpel. Ich habe neun Meter Tüll und einen Meter Jersey benutzt. Der Jersey Stoff hat dabei als Unterrock gedient an dem ich den Tüll angenäht habe.


The skirt grows layer for layer ... :)
Der Rock wächst mit jeder Schicht.



Voilá. It was very easy. Since the skirt was huge I washed it in the machine.
So, es war etwas zeitaufwändig aber es hat sich gelohnt. Da der Rock überdimensional breit war hab eich ihn in die Waschmaschine gegeben.


I do not have a pic of my birthday party where you can see the whole skirt. But you can get an idea here.
Leider habe ich kein Foto meiner Geburtstagsfeier wo man den Rock besser sieht als hier. Aber mehr oder weniger kann man sich vorstellen mit was man es zu tun hat.

Me, my boyfriend Arnold, Julian, David (the man behind almost every one of my pics) and Marina.

Well, I guess an Outfit Post is coming soon! 

Eve

6 comments:

  1. Love tulle! The skirt is amazing :)

    http://tirateladimeno.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought my tulle skirt but I always wished I could sew my own... in so many colors! :)

    http://theclothesmuse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!
    http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks amazing! i hope i have someone who could make them for me xx

    If you decided to follow me on (gfc, bloglovin, chictopia or lookbook), leave a comment on my blog to lemme know and I'll return the favor :)

    Little Miss Olen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So einen muss ich mir heuer auch machen! Sieht toll aus!

    lg yellowgirl

    ReplyDelete